These instructions describe the minimum steps to configure Microsoft Outlook 2002 to collect email from our servers.
The procedure for Outlook 2003 is the same.
1. From the menu bar select “Tools” then “E-mail Accounts”
2. Select “Add a new e-mail account” and then click on “Next >”
3. Select the server type as “POP3″, then click on “Next >”
4. Enter your name and email address under “User Information”; enter mail.yourdomain.ext for the POP3 server and smtp.yourdomain.ext for the SMTP server under “Server Information”; finally enter your POP3 mailbox name and password for the mailbox you wish to collect from and DO NOT click on Next.
5. Click on “More Settings”, then click on the “Outgoing Server” tab at the top.
Check the “My server requires authentication” box (highlighted in the image below with a red outline), then click on “OK”.
This step is very important. If you do not check this box, you will not be able to send email.
6. Click on “Finish”
7. Click on “Send/Receive” to check (send and receive) your email